The Centre for Technical, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training of the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete, in collaboration with the institution’s Department of Business and Entrepreneurship has concluded arrangements for the 9th International Conference on Entrepreneurship scheduled to hold between 25th and 26th of August 2020.
This year’s edition of the conference, according to a statement signed by the Director of the Centre, Dr Sunday Ojo, and made available to News Hub Mag! is designed to be virtual, with the theme “COVID-19 as a Complex Adaptive Challenge: A Wake-up Call for Enterprising Leaders”.
This 9th International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation (Entrepreneurship Directors’ Conference, 2020) will be held via Zoom platform.
The statement added that seven different distinguished resource persons drawn from United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Nigeria were selected to give talk and share their International experiences with the participants.
1. Tabani Ndlovu, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Business, Department of Business Administration, Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Sihle Ndlovu, Ph.D. Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Cindy Millman, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Deputy Head of Department, Department of Strategy, Management and Marketing at Birmingham City Business School, Birmingham City University, United Kingdom.
- Samuel Osei-Nimo, Ph.D. Department of Strategy, Management and Marketing, Birmingham City Business School, Birmingham City University, United Kingdom.
- Emmanuel Aboagye-Nimo, Ph.D. Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
- Hakeem A. Ajonbadi, Ph.D. Department of Strategy, Management and Marketing, Birmingham City Business School, Birmingham City University, United Kingdom.
- Oluwatobi Stephen, Ph.D. Funder, Edustart and Curator, Hebron Startup Lab, Covenant University, Otta, Nigeria
While the Chief Host and Lead Paper Presenter is the Vice Chancellor of the KWASU, Professor Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi SAN, who is a Professor of Business Law.
News Hub Mag! recalls that Kwara State University, through the Centre has consistently organised the Entrepreneurship Conference since 2012. The Conference has been a melting pot of ideals and best practices in entrepreneurship education.
The statement further said that, “The International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation (ICEMI) is an impactful network of Scholars, Researchers, Captains of Industries as well as Directors of Entrepreneurship Centres across Nigerian Higher Institutions and beyond.
“The 2020 edition of ICEMI will focus on the development of a sustainable entrepreneurial ecosystem aiming at overcoming the challenges posed by the COVID -19 pandemic on businesses and institutions.
“This will involve various online entrepreneurial-based activities, paper presentations and prominent guests who have achieved successful records drawn from both academic institutions and industries for pungent interactions.
“This will further the cause of the Federal and State Governments’ agenda at promoting entrepreneurship education in our institutions that will produce enterprise creators for sustainable national development.”
According to the statement, “to register, copy and paste the address below in to your browser and follow the instructions. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAqde-prDgvEt31-MXFqK36EV1iJxWhioQg, Meeting ID: 847 2612 3589 and Passcode: 751158.”
While inviting members of the public to join the conference which is free, the state assured that it would be very educative, impactful and result oriented. It stressed that all Principal Officers, Deans of Faculties, Heads of Departments and Units, Directors of Centres, their Deputies, Assistants and Coordinators are expected to attend as Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all attendees!